Location: Fairfield, ME
Classification: Part-time, permanent
Kennebec Valley Council of Governments (KVCOG) is seeking an organized part-time bookkeeper/office assistant for our non-profit organization. The ideal candidate will have experience in bookkeeping and a knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.). The hours will vary from 16-20 a week.
- Record daily payments received from customers.
- Assist with month-end closing activities:
- Bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of credit card statements:
- Other balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- Assist with year-end audit procedures.
- Other duties assigned, such as, but not limited to:
- Filing and scanning of information
- Processing and mailing documents.
- Assist with board and general assembly meetings.
- Experience and/or knowledge in accounting and office procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work part-time hours, with flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
- 16 hours per week: Preferably 6-8 hrs on Tuesdays with flexible hrs. the rest of the week
- Day shift
Pay: From $17.00 to $20.00 per hour based on experience
Benefits (based on average hours):
Send resume and references to: