Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Re-Opening
- PPP will re-open the week of January 11, 2021. Initially, only community financial institutions will be able to make First Draw PPP Loans on January 11 and Second Draw PPP Loans on January 13. The PPP will open to all participating lenders shortly thereafter. Learn more at sba.gov/ppp or treasury.gov/cares.
KVCOG's New CARES Act Revolving Loan Fund
- These loans are intended to help start-up businesses as well as existing small to mid-sized businesses with growth, expansion, investment in equipment of facilities, or other opportunities to pivot during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- These loans are for businesses in Kennebec, Somerset, and western Waldo counties in Maine.
- Favorable terms and interest rates as low as 0%, on a case-by-case basis.
Rural Relief Small Business Grants
- As part of our continuing commitment to elevate our impact in rural America, LISC is inviting small business owners in rural locations across the country to apply for the LISC-Lowe's Rural Relief Small Business Grants program. Only small businesses located in rural communities are eligible at this time. Rural communities are defined as having a population of 50,000 or less. A community is defined as the city/town/village where your business address is located. All potential applicants are encouraged to review our FAQ and grant information before applying.
The next grant application period will open on Tuesday, December 29th.
Micro-Enterprise Grant Program
- The Maine Department of Economic & Community Development (DECD) in partnership with the Maine Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) will provide grants of up to $5,000 for businesses with five or fewer employees, with an owner whose income is in the low to moderate range as defined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Small Business Relief: A Guide to Funding Options and Resources during the COVID-19 Crisis
- A listing of national and state funding resources.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan: The U.S. SBA is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses impacted by the COVID-19.
- SBDC Advisors can assist you with the SBA Loan process.
Finance Authority of Maine (FAME) Resources
CEI Microloan Program
- CEI offers fast track microloans for existing and start-up businesses. Decisions will typically be made within three business days.
Maine Resource Compass
Main Street America COVID-19 Resources
- Maine Street’s resource page lists national funding sources with a mix of grants and loans.
Institute for Local Self-Reliance Resources
- ILSR’s resource page lists grant and loan programs that can help small businesses through the pandemic.
The Governor’s Office
- Restarting Maine’s Economy Plan Starting on May 1, 2020, the Restarting Maine’s Economy plan established four gradual and flexible stages of reopening, which were designed in concert with public health experts and with input from industry representatives. This approach, which was adjusted when public health circumstances necessitated it, allowed Maine businesses to safely stay open or reopen by following reasonable, practical guidelines to ensure the safety of employees and customers. The plan’s fourth and final planned stage begins Oct. 13, 2020, with timeframes identified for all Maine businesses to open and operate with appropriate safety modifications as outlined by the COVID-19 Prevention Checklistsfrom the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development.
- The Keep Maine Healthy plan is designed to be a multilayered approach that aims to protect Maine people, protect visitors, and support Maine small businesses by reducing, to the greatest extent possible, COVID-19 risks associated with travel.
Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC)
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Maine Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD)
- KVCOG can provide cloth reusable face coverings, made in Maine, at cost; $5 per mask plus shipping. Contact for more information.
- The Maine MEP is actively working with Maine manufacturing companies to make PPE.
Retail Association of Maine
Maine Association of Nonprofits (MANP)
Senator Collin’s COVID-19 Resource Guide
Congressman Golden’s COVID-19 Resource Guides
Pay It Forward Maine
- A statewide effort encouraging individuals, businesses, and organizations to continue supporting local businesses.
Stay Home Maine
- Connecting community services to interested volunteers.
COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
- USDA and its Federal partners have programs that can be used to provide immediate and long-term assistance to rural communities affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. These programs can support recovery efforts for rural residents, businesses and communities through technical, training, and management assistance; financial assistance; and state and local assistance.
Maine Department of Labor
Previous Funding Opportunities
Maine Tourism, Hospitality & Retail Recovery Grant Program
Maine Health Care Financial Relief Program
Agriculture and Food Processing Infrastructure Reimbursement Program
Maine Tourism Relief Fund
US Department of the Treasury Paycheck Protection Program